For eCommerce Websites to take off, they need to attract the right buyers. While in some cases the customer service may be good and they will keep coming back, there are a lot of other things that have to work for an eCommerce website to be successful.
First, customer service. You want to make sure that the customer service staff is able to answer all of the customers’ questions in a timely manner. If the customer service isn’t fast and prompt, they will be less likely to return.
Content is also a big part of the eCommerce experience. A good website should provide quality content. While the content might not be all that original, it should be solid and will be easy to read.
Graphics on the other hand can be taken or kept. But even if you do keep the graphics, don’t just slap up a pretty picture that doesn’t sell. Look at other websites that might sell similar products. Also, consider creating your own pictures, graphics, and styles.
A good eCommerce website will have graphics and it will also have some form of navigation. At the bottom of each page should be an arrow pointing down to the next page. The same goes for the top of the page, the left side, and the right side. Make sure that the pages are all fairly easy to navigate to, and that they are easy to read.
When it comes to navigation, make sure that the links point in the correct direction for your site. These could be a few different ways such as:
* Back to Customer Service – If a customer is dissatisfied with your service, and you don’t want them to stay away from your website, just put them through to you. If the customer can’t reach you, then they will move on to the next eCommerce website that they can find and will keep coming back. It is important to keep this in mind.
* Shopping Cart – Put the shopping cart wherever the customer wants to buy something. Just make sure that you have enough space on the page for the cart.
* Billing – In most cases the customer should be able to pay for their order on the shopping cart. Also, there is an option to set the payment method. If they don’t use this option, then they will only be able to pay through the shopping cart.
* Product Images – Use photos on your website to really get your site seen. It helps when the customer has to wait to see the product before making a purchase.
* Services – Your small business website is likely going to be very similar to a big box store. Because of this, you can use pictures to add “the feel” of the store, like waiting in the aisles. Try to show people what it looks like to shop there.
You can add these tips to help your customers find you, as well as being a part of customer service. You don’t want to compete with someone who has great services, and you can see it online as well. You just have to have good customer service to get your business to where you want it to be.